Crew Controller Jobs In Sharjah | BEOND
About the job
Purpose and Scope To provide and maintain oversight of the proper allocation and utilisation of Fly Beond flight deck and cabin crew members during daily and short term operations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain on a daily shift basis the Company Flight & Cabin crew rosters, considering any special qualifications (ETOPS, CAT3, CAT C airport, LHS or RHS training for augmented crew etc) where relevant, to ensure an efficient flying programme and monitor operational crews flying duties to ensure the avoidance of fatigue and ensure compliance with the Company Flight Time Limitations scheme to maintain roster stability.
- Ensure an efficient flying programme in accordance with the company flight time limitations scheme by optimization of crew utilization together with adherence to the current crew planning protocol and minimal costs.
- Advise Crew Control Training of any changes affecting Training schedules, and collaborate for optimised rescheduling.
- Forward planning / proactive management of possible long term disruptions to daily crewing activities e.g. industrial actions, planned maintenance activities (checks) or lengthy AOGs.
- Providing adequate crew members on the day of operation in case of any crew shortage (e.g. sickness, flight insertion, delays).
- Notification of crew members of roster changes and calling and communicating directly with crew as and when required.
- Monitoring of crews’ on time check in for flights and other duties.
- Regularly checks rosters for Cabin Crew, ensuring fair and equitable distribution of assignments during operational disruption and keeping to the restrictions on duty hours & the minimum rest periods as detailed in the Operations Manual
- Continuous checking of the duty and flight time limitations (daily, weekly, calendar monthly, calendar quarterly and calendar yearly)
- Maintain records of sickness and lateness, bringing deviations from Company standards to the attention of the individual, making reports to the Supervisor – Crew Planning and initiating disciplinary action, where required.
- Managing and maintaining adequate levels of standby coverage, considering logistical costs of positioning and HOTAC against operational integrity.
- Prepare, validate and transmit necessary pre-departure documents and authority required information; e.g. crew APP/APIS, crew list.
- Reserve hotel accommodation and arrange for ground transportation whenever a crew layover is being planned/changed
- Continuous cooperation with the Duty Manager – Flight Operations Support
- Continuous cooperation with other departments.
- Other relevant duties as directed by the FOS Management
- University or college degree
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- In depth knowledge of an Flight Time Limitations scheme
- Knowledge of airline operations; and computerized crewing systems, preferably AIMS
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.